At the park we have tried to ensure that our facilities offer you the most comfortable and enjoyable surroundings for your trip. All of the facilities at the park have been designed to ensure that your visit is safe. However, please remember a few things when you visit the park to ensure that the trip gives you the best benefits.
- Ensure that you use our designated hand wash and sanitiser stations throughout the day especially before you eat or go home.
- Children must be supervised by an adult in the play area at all times.
Download our Park Map
Park Facilities Include:
- A number of toilets, including disabled toilets.
- Baby changing facilities.
- A cafe which serves food and drink all year from 09:00am until 5:00pm (earlier closing time applies during the winter season – please call ahead for details if required), as well as refreshment kiosks which are situated by the tropical house and giraffe exhibit.
- Many Picnic areas.
- A large indoor play area for children open all year from 09:00am until 4:00pm (earlier closing time applies during the winter season – please call ahead for details if required), (where they must be supervised at all times by an adult. Shoes must be removed but socks kept on at all times).
- Construction zone (with giant lego)
- Toddler area (for under 3s with rockers and a ball pit)
- Main play frame (3 storeys of padded platforms, slides, bridges and a giant Lions head!)
Rules of the building:
- Parents / guardians must supervise children at all times.
- Children who are unwell must not use the play equipment.
- This play area is for children aged 12 and under AND under 1.6m tall.
- Toddler are is for use by children aged 3 and under only.
- Age restrictions are in place for the safety of all children and our staff will enforce them.
- Shoes are to be removed on the play equipment and in the supervision areas (which applies to both children and supervising adults), however for hygiene reasons socks must be worn at all times (these can be purchased at the park).
- No food or drink (including sweets and chewing gum) is to be taken on to the play equipment.
- Only food and drink purchased at the park may be consumed in the building.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building.
- Our staff will not tolerate destructive or disruptive behaviour, and children acting in an inappropriate manner may be asked to leave.
- Please do not run around the play area.
- Children should not climb up, run down or go down slides backwards.
- Pens, buckles, jewellery, watches, money, sharp objects, badges etc. must not be taken in to the play equipment. Any personal items must be left with parents / guardians and we accept no liability for stolen, lost or damaged property.
- Push chairs are to be left in the buggy park outside the play area building. Buggies and personal items are left in the buggy park at the owners risk and we will not accept liability for stolen, lost or damaged items.
Since the park was taken over by its current owners in February 2008 a lot of work went in to ensuring that we make the park as accessible as possible to wheelchair users and people who are not able to walk long distances. There are numerous benches around the park to help break up the walk, and we are planning on putting more benches in all the time.
In 2008 there were numerous areas around the park (such as the Meerkat and Otter enclosures) were very difficult or impossible to access by wheel chair. We have tried to eliminate as many of these as possible and there shouldn’t be any animals which you cannot see if you use a wheel chair (although some walk through enclosures may still be difficult to access, such as the Flamingos, however in the name of the welfare of our animals, such things can sometimes be unavoidable – you can still see any such animals from outside the enclosure).
Some of the paths in the park are compacted gravel / road stone and as such not solid tarmac, meaning that in some areas and during some weather conditions, the paths may be a little bit bumpy. The vast majority of the park however has tarmac paths, and as such you can get around the entire park including areas such as the big cats, dinosaurs, play areas, restaurants, tropical house, reptile house and more without leaving a solid tarmac path. Areas such as the Tigers and play area are also only accessible up a very gentle slope. We try to keep the paths in as good an order as possible for wheel chair users, however in some areas pushing a wheel chair may be a little harder work than on a smooth surface.
The whole park has step-free access.
As of 1st April 2017 we also have a fully accessible toilet by the main reception which is complete with an adult changing bench and hoist. Please note that this room is locked and you will need to get this key from reception for access, and we ask that you please bring your own sling to fit the standard fit hoist.
For a copy of our full access statement please click here.