Enjoy a memorable adventure in our Aldabra tortoise enclosure!
- Spend 15 minutes inside our Aldabra tortoise enclosure
- Get a chance to stroke and interact with one of our giant Aldabra tortoises. This will most likely be Ted who absolutely loves a tickle under the chin.
- Choose from two time slots when you book
- Enjoy access to the park on the day of your experience
- 10% discount for season ticket holders (when purchased on the phone or in person)
The price of this experience is £55 and gives you entry to the park along with 15 minutes of interaction with the tortoises.
Our amazing Aldabra tortoise Experience allows you to get up close and personal with our lovable giant tortoises – some of the break out stars from out lockdown live tours here at Wingham Wildlife Park.
Our animal experiences give people the chance to spend time with some of our park’s most incredible animals – in this case, our Aldabra tortoises. As part of the tortoise Experience you will have access inside the animal enclosure for 15 minutes, where you can sit down and really chill out with some of our animals… There really is no more chilled out and relaxed experience at the park!
When you’re inside the enclosure, you’ll be introduced to our group of giant tortoises which weigh more than 80Kg each and will actually get to stroke them and interact with them while the keeper is available for any of your questions! This experience is all about taking things at a tortoise pace and just relaxing with these amazing animals, although they are so endearing that the time with them will just fly by! Not only is this a great way to see them up close to you, but you’ll enjoy an experience that you’re sure to never forget.
As part of your experience ticket you will receive day entry to Wingham Wildlife Park, a park that an incredible array of different animals call home. Once you’ve finished tickling a tortoise, you will be able to go exploring and see all of the other animals that we look after – including Parrots, Penguins, Monkeys, Clouded Leopards and more.
You can book our Tortoise Experience on any day of the week, with the choice of two time slots: either 11:00 am or 14:00pm.
You can purchase your experience online by clicking here (the link will open in a new tab, where you will be taken to an external website).
- By purchasing this or any of our experiences, you agree to adhere to our Experience Day terms and conditions.
- This experience is suitable for any age but anyone taking part must be able to understand and follow instructions given by the keeper.
- Anyone doign this experience must wear closed toed shoes.
Other animal experiences you might like
As the wildlife park in Kent with the most species and multi award winning (best attraction in Kent during both Visit Kent and Muddy Stilettos awards) day out in Kent, we’ve got plenty to do, including even more animal encounters:
What people have said about this animal experience
If you have done this experience yourself please let us know what you thought by writing a short review on TripAdvisor, Facebook or Google. We’d love to hear from you and it’s a great way to let prospective customers see what they’re getting themselves in to!